  Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:41:08 -0700
From: "Brian Chase" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Motor Oil Saver
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You know, I gotta say that I have long wondered if I should be using
one of
these oil additives. They sound so great. (Like ProLong, Slick 50, and
the
like. There's one that I'm forgetting, the infomercial for which I just
love
- has me convinced ever time). I just wish I could try them out on
someone
else's vehicle. Seems like there has to be a catch. Sort of like
switching
to Mobil 1. It's like, if it was so beneficial, why isn't everyone
doing it?

My wife's Honda CRV makes tapping noises every time it's started up.
Makes
me want to have something in there to keep things coated. And if I
could
extend the life of my old cars, I'd sure do it. Just wonder about the
side
effects, e.g. you put this stuff in your engine or tranny and half a
year
later something goes caput, leaving you to wonder if it would've
happened
had you not made that choice.

Note: this is technically not an oil thread, so I cannot be
excommunicated.

Brian
83 240D

 Yahoo! Mail