Alex Chamberlain wrote:
To me it's the answer to people who repeat the canard that China will
control the world economically in our lifetimes!  A command economy driven
by stamping out crude potmetal copies of Western technology is a joke, not a
threat.

The thing is, the first Japanese cars were jokes. Everyone laughed pretty hard at the Toyopet. And then...

The first Korean cars were jokes, too. Now they're pretty decent transportation for the price.

I think in ten years the Chinese are going to be doing to the Koreans what the Koreans are doing to the Japanese right now. China has the vestiges of a command economy now, but capitalism is rapidly taking over there. I would be surprised if Chinese cars haven't taken over the low end of the market in a decade.