On Saturday, February 11, 2006, at 01:46 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:

eah it probably would have been. I didn't though, the pre-filter looks like a real joy. Does this car have a primer pump? I couldn't find > one.

Prefilter not too bad. The air box comes out with 4 nuts and swing the hose out of the way. uses a straight one but 90s have been used with success too.

The diesel suplement has done its job there was a little hesitation this morning but not much. The tank was pretty empty last night, I put in 13 gallons...

Probably more a function of what was in the tank not the additive but I've had improvements with Power Services products.

The Mobil 1 15w50 makes the engine alot quieter, it starts even easier now.

        2 things its supposed to do.

I put the second "breather hose" bit on the 240D, hoping that will cure some of the massive oil leaks. That whole area was pretty well covered with oil so I'm thinking its a safe bet.

Watch it doesn't rust out on you now that you're disabling the corrosion protection system.

2 hours flat to change the oil in both cars, wash the windshield in the 190D, change the 190D's power steering fluid. The fluid in it was garbage... Replaced the cord to the block heater on the 240D and got the door locks working better (again). All in all a good day.

        Windshield musta been real dirty.

Question: How full should the PS fluid on the 190D be? It seemed pretty low when I first opened it. I put more in than was there in the first place but I didn't want to overfill.

I always look for a line in there but never find one. I leave room for expansion about 3/4"-1"

  -Curt

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am