I pretty much do it like you. With all the scams and spammers now days I just about always have them ask any questions they may have after reading the detailed ad via email and once all their questions are answered I will then give them a phone number if they want to schedule an appointment. What annoys me with this guy is I have been talking to him about it for a couple of days and wanted to look at it the other day but he was not available. We set a time for today and I emailed him that I was heading his direction. He should have said he has somebody else coming at the same time. At least he did email me back though but I was literally right down the street from him at a stop light and just happen to check my phone. Oh well. I am not annoyed about the car but wasting the trip down to him.