I moved the '85 300TD out of the garage this afternoon, parked iton the
driveway and worked on the other car (83 TD)  for maybe 25 minutes.  When I
went back to move '85 back into the garage, it glowed normally but was dead
silent when I tried to start it.  Nothing.  Nada.  Crickets.

There was no warning whatsoever before this happened, so I am scratching my
head.  The battery is new and strong.  Can a starter fail suddenly with no
warning?  Is there a neutral safety switch that can suddenly fail?
Something else?  The car has sat for several weeks so maybe that has
something to do with it but for now I'm stumped.  Ideas and suggestions
welcome.

TIA,

Andrew

1983 300TD