  Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:34:10 -0500
From: John Berryman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 190D shifter
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Sunday, February 12, 2006, at 09:45 AM, Curt Raymond wrote:

> Yeah I drove it Monday fine, Tuesday I road while my wife drove and
> she had trouble with it, took much fiddling. Wednesday when I had it
> back I noticed it was a bit fiddly but not so bad I couldn't live
with
> it. Thursday I couldn't ever get into reverse. Friday was okay in the
> morning but I couldn't get reverse to come home from work. Yesterday
> couldn't get reverse ever.
>
>   The PO is apparently an idiot. He didn't notice that the thermostat
> was stuck open, that the lights on the ACC unit didn't work, that the
> antenna didn't go up or that the tires only had 10psi each... He made
> bubba repairs wherever possible and when he couldn't figure out which
> wires to the radio were speaker wires he just ran new wires to the
> fronts only... Total chucklehead.
>
>   -Curt

 Sounds like a sure-fire remedy for boredom, plenty to keep you from
suffering the idle mind/devil's playground syndrome

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am

---------------------------------

From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sun Feb 12 17:35:26 2006
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 12:35:21 -0500
From: John Berryman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Walmart vs NAPA auto

On Sunday, February 12, 2006, at 11:43 AM, Zeitgeist wrote:

> Yes, but Gmail organizes every thread automatically.  It's free and
> really is the best tool for viewing and managing listservs--it's all I
> use it for these days.

        It may be good but OS X gives me all that and I use it. Threads are
highlighted in various colors, I'm happy to not need more passwords and
all that comes with it. Mac Mail works for me.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am