I paid $1950 for a 234k e320 4matic four years ago, which would make unexpected shifts on occasion and had been professionally diagnosed as needing a conductor plate and a tie rod end. Might have overpaid, but I really needed the car, and the interior was in MINT condition (I fixed that in a hurry hauling lumber etc in it).

Last year I paid $750 for a 148k S420 which was solidly locked into 2nd gear limp mode, needed a transmission connector and front springs. If that 606 turbo were an even thousand, I'd give it a good look if it were within 75 miles of me. Naperville is more like 200mi.