Obviously further tear down is required to establish the failure path..

"Something" caused the cam to stop while the engine was under power..
certainly.. I can not conceive the cam gear simply "failed on it's own"
from fatigue.

More pictures as it comes apart please.. you have my interest here..

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>