No more test drives today, It’s sitting in the driveway with rain rolling off
the freshly waxed paint.  I will test drive it first thing in the morning
tomorrow, which will be about 5:30 am when I’m up and running.  I don’t have
current plates on the car so I need to keep it on the down low until I can get
the plate renewed and the car registered on Tuesday.  Since I work at the main
office for the County there is a tax collector’s (titles and registrations)
office just a few floors below me.  I can walk in and get my stuff done almost
immediately since I’m right there.

Taking advantage of the cooler temperatures caused by the passing rain, I went
out and pulled the cluster to investigate the reason for the odometer not
working.

Easy - the odometer gear that’s driven off the worm gear from the speedometer
had just slid over on the shaft and was disengaged from the worm gear.  Cleaned
the shaft and the gear and reinstalled it with a drop of super glue to hold it
in place.  May not be permanent, but we’ll see.  Was able to use a dental pick
to carefully bump the odometer up to where it should be, around 450k or
thereabouts.  The car is exempt from an odometer statement due to its age, so
no harm, no foul.  At least now it’s closer to reflecting the actual mileage.

Pulled all the bulbs from the cluster and cleaned or replaced as required.
General illumination bulbs got replaced with new.  Cleaned the cluster and it’s
ready to be reinstalled.  I’ll pop it back in shortly.

PO claimed fan controller was bad.  Not so, the fan does exactly what it’s
supposed to do.  I’m thinking they were either misled by someone or thought the
monovalve being stuck on was the issue.

Radio (Becker) is weird.  Back speakers work, fronts don’t.  Fader may be the
issue, I’ll have to pull the console to have a look and give it a shot of
DeOxIt.

Dan