Roger wrote:
> ...Without the availability of the drugs, there would be no users.

Apply Root Cause Analysis to prohibition.
Did Prohibition solve problems it intended to solve?
Root Cause Analysis for these social problems might make revolt
happen.  The natives want an out and the least expensive out is some
ham-handed pills or herb.
Root Cause Analysis probably gave us Iran-Contra 30-years ago and all
the fabulous government we have today.  FAA - yeah, how's that
working?  Education - how's that working?  Commerce - how's that
working?  Separation of Powers - how's that working?  Every agency of
government proceeds to total corruption.  Again, The Law by Frederic
Bastiat shows the Root Cause Analysis very accurately.
What is the phrase? - We have the government we want and deserve?
mao