Oh yeah, the formal wear for the Sacred Society conclaves, but I think Ol' Sheets might have been buried in them, the burial shroud...

--JC

On 6/20/16 12:48 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
I took it as he and Sheets Byrd had given up on their secret activities and needed to compost the evidence.

Joel Cairo via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM
i think he used the word "sheet" as a euphemism for the other sh*t word, like cat "sheet" composting which he does. In DC he has considerable access to the male bovine variety.

--JC

Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 20, 2016 at 11:11 AM
My brother who lives in Manhattan loves these peppers but I keep on
forgetting to order seeds so I can grow them.

Gotta put in a vegetable bed somewhere in my back yard "lawn". I was
planning to frame in a bid directly on the "grass" without tilling (too
many roots). Anybody have any experience with sheet composting?

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Jim Cathey via Mercedes <

Jim Cathey via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 20, 2016 at 11:06 AM
The neighbor was running his Traeger last night, and had
cooked up some fresh corn in it.  (Running a relatively
high heat, with relatively little smoke.)  Not much smoke
makes it through the husks, but it turned out _wonderful_!
Just a hint of smoke flavor to the corn, which was excellent
even without that.  Yum!

-- Jim

Joel Cairo via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Shishido peppers, grilled/roasted a bit over a flame with some olive oil and salt. I like the smaller ones maybe 2-3" long but my farm stand neighbor had a bunch that were bigger, maybe 4" or a bit more. I was a bit reluctant that they might be tough or have stronger flavor, but I put them on the cooktop grill last night and did them all, they were quite nice, no different from the smaller ones so that was a pleasant surprise. They would probably be a bit nicer on a charcoal flame with some smoke, or to use a smoked salt, I'll have to try that on the next batch if I have a real fire going.

I used to fight them falling in the grill but I got a perforated grill sheet pan to do them on, it works fine.

They make a nice horse doover to munch on as they come off the fire, with a cold IPA or something crisp and white or bubbly. We had a big party Sat evening, I was going to grill them for that but forgot so just managed to have them all to myself last night! I had also bought a bunch of peaches to grill but got distracted too so will have to do those the next time and just eat these.

WARNING:  They are quite addictive.

--BB