That's interesting. Thanks. I'll try it.
After Microsofts new CEO proved that people would buy Windows 10 even though it
actively collects whatever information it wants from their computers, it seems
like every company in Silicon Valley is doing the same. AVG, the antivirus I've
used for years, even "announced" that it would be collecting personal
information on its subscribers.
While I have no information I necessarily want to keep secret; I firmly believe
in an individuals personal rights which include the right to privacy.
Gerry

OK Don wrote:
> If it's your privacy that is at issue, and you don't do anymore than you
> listed, try TAILS:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/
>
> You install it on a USB drive, boot the PC on it, and there you are. All
> traces are gone when you shut it down, and none (or very few) are left in
> cyberspace.
>
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 10:25 PM, archer75--- via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > Why do people, (like me), who are seriously critical of both Apple and
> > Microsoft; not go to some flavor of Linux?
> > When I tried to do it a number of years ago, the learning curve was so
> > long and involved it wasn't worth it to someone who only does emails,
> > searches, and reads online news.
> > Now, with all the invasions of privacy, I'm beginning to be tempted again
> > providing it's been somewhat simplified and providing there won't be the
> > same invasions of privacy.
> > Gerry
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >

> --
> OK Don
>
> *“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of
> our people need it sorely on these accounts.”* – Mark Twain
>
> "There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who
> learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence
> for themselves."
>
> WILL ROGERS, *The Manly Wisdom of Will Rogers*
> 2013 F150, 18 mpg
> 2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
> 1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!

---