ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <ka...@striplin.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2016 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] My 240D adventure

Try this

1983 MERCEDES 240D W123 4 dr sedan
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5660753347.html

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2016, at 5:59 PM, Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Does this mean you’re not buying Walt’s W140 diesel now?

Seller took the ad down (that’s a first!)

No pictures, it didn’t happen.

Dan

On Jul 3, 2016, at 6:41 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

I bought this today. The car that Jaime said he would be all over when it was priced at $3500 or whatever. Anyway it is very very clean, no rust at all. It is very simple 240d, the mice chewed the glow plug wiring harness and the wiring at the ac drier. That appears to be it as far as I can tell so far. It is currently wired with a button to activate the glow plugs. The battery was dead so we jump started it and it fired right up. Everything works except the ac and the fan does not turn on. Got to sort that out. It has cruise which works great. All lights and gauges work. I had forgotten how slow 240s are. Wow. Drove it back the 120 mile trip back home (not home yet stopped to eat). It needs tires very bad as these are old and dry rotted, which is my biggest fear with driving it but so far so good, they just vibrate a lot. I opted to take the back road highway instead of the turnpike where I would have to keep it to the floor to drive 80mph turnpike speed. Kept it to 65 most of the way. When we got to Tulsa by then I had remembered how to drive a 240d so keeping up with normal city traffic was doable but would have been difficult if not impossible for your normal driver today. When we made the stop I turned the car off but was not sure if it would start and it did, but with the key turned off the charge light stays on, and goes off when you turn the key on. So something is amiss there which is probably why the batter goes dead. I unhooked the battery to make sure it did not go dead while we are eating.

So I will get these small issues sort and see what happens. At the moment I am in nostalgia mode but I have a feeling I may get bored and sell it. This is the car you 240d fans would drool over I'm sure. I do not think I have seen a 123 with this interior color before.

1983 MERCEDES 240D W123 4 dr sedan
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/5660753347.html

via cPro for Craigslist
iOS: http://tinyurl.com/cPro-iDevice