Went by clinic and talked to one of the employees.
The power company had sent an emergency crew over early yesterday and got the
clinic some partial power which enabled them to have a normal business day
without oppressive heat although they had to keep switching power between
different parts of the clinic.
My guess is that some of the animal loving clients had gotten in touch with
Duke Power and complained about their allowing animals to suffer for two days,
but that's just a guess.(There are retirees in this part of the county who
could raise a big fuss if they wanted to, and some may be clinic clients.)
Anyway, it looks like the power crisis will be over if Duke Power does a
permanent fix this morning like they promised.  Stay tuned.

Gerry

P.S. Vets wife showed me a cellphone picture of some sort of unit on wheels
that had cables draped on it. This was supposed to give them partial power and
was apparently what they used, but what was it and how did it work?
If only one leg of a service entrance cable is bad, can the other 110v leg be
converted to 110v-220v and temporarily provide half the power to a business
like the clinic?
I'll try to get a look at it this morning if possible.

---