There have got to be a lot of younger gearheads around to have restored this
plane, considering that it’s taken over 16 years to do it.

Also remember that it’s in Wichita, a very airplane-centric place for a lot of
reasons…

I think this is great.  My Dad, who was a flight engineer on a B-29 in WWII,
had always hoped there would one day be a restored aircraft that flew.  He was
a member of the “Confederate” Air Force just so he could get rides in some of
these old birds.  I’m pretty sure he got to fly in “Fifi” before he passed.

Dan