      From: Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:16 AM
 Subject: [MBZ] OT: Today's VirtualBox fun

Since Craig has been having so much fun with VirtualBox I thought I'd have some
too.
I've been using VB on my Mac for about 3 years. We develop our course books in
FrameMaker which is Windows only so I've got a Win7 guest. It works pretty well
but for some dumb reason I can't recall I made my initial guest drive 20GB, I
expanded it to 50GB later which expands the underlying "Drive" but since its
difficult to expand a partition I ended up with C: and D: which is annoying and
its still too small.

We all know its a drag to reinstall software, so today I made another 50GB
virtual drive and I've booted into Clonezilla to make an image of the existing
C: drive. I already backed up the VM so if anything goes wrong I can just
restore it.Once thats done I'll backup everything from the D: drive and
dismount the existing virtual drive. Then I'll make a new 100GB virtual drive
and restore the image to it. Once I move all the backed up data back I should
be all set.
A big advantage in doing this all in VMs is I can easily move it to a new
computer when I get one which was the idea in building it this way 3 years ago.
I've learned a lot in the last 3 years and hopefully this new configuration
will last at least that long.
-Curt