Hi all,

I cleaned the evaporator on my 300E recently, after doing the same job
on my 300D a month earlier. I had previously cleaned this evaporator
with a brush and vacuum, as one half was so filthy I don't know if any
air was actually flowing through! I figured that since I had to pull
the wiper out to replace the windshield, I might as well pull the
blower too and use the foam cleaner. Here are some photos of before,
during, and after. The camera doesn't show the difference very well,
but it was visibly cleaner when I was done:

http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_stuff/evap_clean1.jpg
http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_stuff/evap_clean2.jpg
http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_stuff/evap_clean3.jpg
http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_stuff/evap_clean4.jpg