Aren't stents a wonderful thing?

Me, I'm lucky -- ended up in the hospital last year on Easter Sunday with severe congestive heart failure (EF 10-15%, for those of you who know what that is). Long, slow recovery, but was released by the cardiologist back to my primary care doctor this week as I'm pretty much back to normal.

He thinks it was a viral infection that attacked the heart -- he's seen cases where people go from feeling bad to almost dead (worse than me) to complete recovery in a couple weeks.

Anyway, I had a wonderful cardiac cath (most of which I slept through) and have perfectly clean arteries, no plaque at all. I must have inherited the appropriate genes from my mother's side, as my father was dead at 51 from severe coronary artery disease, myocardial disease, and a heart attack. I appear to have minimal to no risk of a heart attack, although I'm staying on the beta blocker due to high BP.

Glad you are feeling better.

Peter