You stick your fingers in lacquer thinnner? That stuff is extremely nasty, goes right into your blood through your skin. Do a number on your liver right quick it will.

--R

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Listers,
I used "Lexel" clear caulk to patch my cracked boots until the weather is conducive........Sears Hardware here carries it but CALL around[Home Depot & Lowes DOES NOT carry it but call] Get a small cat food can & pour a little lacquer thinner in it so that you can dip your finger in it to work the LEXEL bead onto the rubber boot about 1-2 inches at a time as you caulk[ clean the boots with lacqer thinner first ] It's easy once you get the hang of it.Keep dipping your finger back & forth with the thinner...............An airplane mechanic friend of mine says that they use this stuff for airplane windshields.........I did it about 4,000 miles ago & still holding strong
            Afterthought: wrap it with clear wrap while it's still wet
Bob

1983  240 D 172,000
1969 Austin America