Thanks.  I'll try the gauges (it was getting dark so I had to quit last
evening).  I had the impression that there was no flow through the system.
Maybe the dryer is plugged?  As I recall, the dryer was normally quite warm
during normal operation nut it was cold (ambient).  For Mitch, I saw no damage
to the radiator.