On 15/08/2016 6:16 AM, archer75--- via Mercedes wrote:
Wilton once wrote that after massive U.S. bombing of Hanoi, during which he
took part, he couldn't understand why the U.S. did not invade North Vietnam or
make peace on U.S. terms since Hanoi would have agreed to a cease fire.
Would the following likely be the reason?

Book is available at:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=schaller&sts=t&tn=altered+states
Altered States by Michael Schaller.

Just a side note that I may have mentioned before.
I have met one of the fellows who created abebooks.com.
Rick Pura is the son of one of the fellows who used to be the landlord for our office a number of years ago. His father passed away quite a while back at age 93. I used to have coffee or lunch with the father on a regular basis.

If I recall the story correctly, Rick and a partner were computer guys who worked for the BC government - land titles or something like that. Their wives, or maybe just one of the wives, cannot recall for certain, had a little used bookstore and was looking to do better. They came up with the idea of a database that would link small bookstores all over the place and then created the software and sold the idea to a whole lot of little bookstores. They grew from a do it yourself setup to a significant enterprise with a building full of employees and then sold out to some big German company.

RB