Y'all lot have been very quiet fer 2 days!

Yesterday the new primer pump arrived. I found the best buy from autohaus AZ. It appears to be a genuine Boash and sez Made in Austria. I put iton the primer pump and swapped it onto the IP for the used one I put on when the original failed. The symptom was uneven idle and occasional missing at idle, with smooth operation somewhere about 800 RPM and higher. Then it stalled one time. The used pump helped but the idle was still rough when cold. The rebuilt pump made the problem go away IF the idle was maybe normal idle or more. So, I call it a WIN!

The new primer is one of those black spring loaded push plungers that I've seen pictures of as a replacement for the push-pull plunger type. It seems to work ok and you don't need to unscrew the plunger to make it work. I used it to purge the air out of the system before I started the car.

Postmortem onthe old transfer pump showed the inlet check valve to have a very rough surface with radial serrations. That was the culprit.

Now the problem is that the idle adjustment cable seems to have about 1/2 the normal range of motion. I have seem them break if people try to turn up the idle speed without holding down the accelerator pedal. It has been this way since we got the car in 1995. This one is different. The knob on the dash seems to have full range, but the engine end of the cable seems to move only half what it should. I'm guessing the cure is a new cable. Anyone BTDT before?

If I get the idle speed to adjust right, the auld car will purr like a new one. Right now, you need to keep a foot on the pedal for a minute or so while he warms up. and the cable can be used to get the idle right when the engine is warmed up.

The new motor mounts help too with the smoothness.