Lots of rain yesterday ahead of the storm.

Today it’s quiet so far, but the rain bands will start to come in from offshore
in a couple of hours - that’s when the fun begins with tropical storm force
winds and heavy rain alternating with clear and sunny skies.  This is a weird
thing that occurs with tropical storms/hurricanes.

Pretty much a non-event for most of us, but for those in low lying areas there
will be some flooding.

The County and schools all freaked out and closed today, which means a paid
holiday for me. If I can swing it, I’m going to go look at the 1985 300SD that
I posted about earlier in the week.  I’ve been stringing the seller along for
about a week to feign indifference so I can lowball him if it’s a decent deal.
My seat cover guy says he’s got a full set of Palomino interior covers for the
car, so that’s good.

And of course the 94 S420 from hell acted up again yesterday.  Guess what?  The
wipers stopped working.  Fortunately this is a known issue on W140s with a
relay module that gets crudded up and needs the solder reflowed.  What a PITA.

I really need to look at that W126.

Dan