So, Donald noted a few posts back that he had owned something in excess of 40 vehicles over the years and had only lost $$ on a couple of them.

My record is not quite so good. I just counted up and I think I have had about 23 vehicles (including a couple that are essentially my wife's cars but not including the one's that I bought for my sons to drive, and not including things like motorcycles or boats - just cars and trucks) and have lost $$ on pretty much all of them.

Some were terrible cars (although reasonably new) and there are only 2 that I can say I wished I still had - a 65 Mustang and a 68 Cougar.

Anyone else care to compare? Kleb probably has the most but we should not let him count the ones that don't run.

I currently have 4 including my wife's Honda Accord. I have the 76 300D, as well as my '13 F150 SC and the 08 Civic I bought from my mother this past winter.

I tend to keep vehicles and of the 23 in total I think that I kept 7 of them for 10 years or more.

RB