Larry - just be careful with the windshield mirror mount - you don't want to break the glass in the event the glue is holding it on too well. A good glass shop should be able to give you some hints.

As for the wood trim, Drew Tibcken (Heritage Woodwoks) is the expert as far as I'm concerned. I also have a hairline crack on my '90 300D console wood which he looked at while we were at Startech. Essentially, you have to take out the ash tray and sequentially work back to remove the wood. If I recall correctly, all the switches mount from the rear, not as easy to fool with as a 126!

Werner

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Mats, Mirror & Owners Manual for my 91 300D

Stopped in at the dealership to check out their mats - bought a 4 pc set of
rubber mats with circles on it for $72 and a Owners Manual for $10.  Much
better than the $30-$40 most vendors are selling them for!

Hmm... maybe I should buy a bunch and start selling them?  ;-)

Ordered some maintanence stuff from Rusty also - I ordered a new inside rear view mirror and now I'm wondering how to get the old one off? Does it just pop out of the ball socket swivel joint? And then pop the new one in? The
old one is damaged - the plastic frams is broken with the night/day switch
missing.

Also ordered a new right hand mirror adjusting switch from Rusty - I assume
I can pry it out and unplug it, then plug the new one it?

The wood on the console around the gear shift and window switches has a
small crack in it - how hard are they to change out?  Haven't found one
yet - thought I;d try Potomac Recyclers. Unless someone has a spare around
they'd like to sell?

It just has the 4 openings for the window switchs, the lockout and fader for
the speakers --  I've never had much luck trying to repair them.

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo)