We have a stringent Lemon law that keeps that crap out of the state.  Usually.
Sometimes a person will purchase on the the flood cars and in a few years move
here with it.   I assume the state will not accept the thing because all out of
state cars have to pass inspection at local trooper station to get a
registration.

There are a few local flood cars that I have found at PnP.  Obvious flood cars,
but out of state crap normally does not get in.  Oregon has a much more lax
approach to cars and people try to wash history by selling them on there.

clay