When I heard Maytag was gonna quit building real "reliable" washing machines, (before they went under) I went out and bought a new set. The dryer motor has been problematic, but the washing machine just works. So far, have not even needed to tip it up for a new belt. Fantastic machines.

Bought an old set for #1 daughter 7 yrs ago. they have been fine. no problemo so far.

Donald Snook via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 19, 2016 at 8:29 AM
My HE washer (which I hate and wish I had not bought) works fine with regular detergent except it has some sort of sensor and the wash cycle will take longer because it washes longer and rinses more. I can't really explain it. It took a lot longer to run through its cycles.

We gave the regular stuff to the kids and buy the HE detergent.

Donald H. Snook