Well, yeah, that's true, but they work differently to achieve that effect, more directly without all the drama of the fluorescent tube arrangements.

--FT

On 9/20/16 1:48 AM, Jim Cathey via Mercedes wrote:
I don't generally like the very cool light, but these things at 4kK are
not bad at all in the shop and feel very natural, unlike the more harsh
fluorescent light which I think has more blue in it.

Be aware that all white LED's are _also_ fluorescent.  The ultraviolet that
excites the phosphors comes via LED, rather than from a mercury vapor
discharge, but that's the only real difference.  So, they can do anything
they want with the phosphor mix, just like with tubes.

-- Jim

--FT