From: Craig [mailto:diese...@pisquared.net]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2016 7:41 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] Curing paint on small painted objects

I recently painted a steel rod for a project I'm working on with several coats
of black rattle-can spray paing over 3 or 4 days. A few days later, I found the
paint hadn't really hardened, so I thought of heating the piece up with a hair
dryer/heat gun. That didn't work too well and I was concerned about getting the
paint too hot in the spot in front of the heat gun.

I solved the problem by putting the piece on the dark blue dashboard of our '82
240D/3.0 with the front window facing south. That worked like a champ. It
heated up the rod uniformly until it was almost too hot to hang onto. The paint
is good and hard now.

Craig