That's what I really dislike about the CFL curlicue lamps - they take a while,
even where it's warm, to get to full brightness.

I have a couple in the front porch fixture, but only because it's a PITA to get
to and I leave it on all night. I have a couple of coach lamps on either side
of the garage, and those are LED lamps.

I still have a few around the house, but they're in little used fixtures.
Everything else has been converted to LED.

Dan

Sent from my iPad