From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:50 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Off Topic - keeping warm

you wrote:<<< Find a good used insert or wood stove >>>

I've had both - and now use a Woodcheif Insert.  It works well enough but
the free standing woodstove seems to be *much* better at providing heat.
The Woodchief has a built in fan to blow the heat away frm the stove but the
freestanding stove provided heat on 4 sides and the top - with a small fan
oscillating on the floor behind it, the heat was substantial.

The only probem with the freestanding unit it safety - plus, it takes up
valuable floor space.

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo) A Blood Test for your oil -
www.youroil.net For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil Weber Carb
Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info