I was hearing that on the radio, we went through that here in SC just a year ago. No fun.

--FT

On 9/27/16 2:46 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
'It's crunch time in Cedar Rapids,' mayor says before floodsPublished:
Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Cedar River today is expected to reach its highest level in almost a
decade, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is preparing for major floods.

Ten miles of temporary flood barricades and a quarter-million sandbags have
been set up by emergency crews, and media reports said they seem to be
working so far.

Rising water seemed to be slowing last night, with some of it reaching
sandbags and barriers in various areas.

Cedar Rapids — Iowa's second-largest city — is expecting its Cedar River to
crest at 23 feet this afternoon.

The river's record cresting level was 31 feet in 2008, when 5,400 homes and
700 businesses in a 10-square-mile area were flooded.

Today's projected floods have put as many as 5,800 homes and businesses at
risk. Schools are staying closed until tomorrow, and Mayor Ron Corbett said
residents who have evacuated could probably return home Saturday.

"It's crunch time in Cedar Rapids," he said (Brendan O'Brien, Reuters
<http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iowa-floods-idUSKCN11X0GX>, Sept. 27). *—
CB*

--FT