From: Floyd Thursby [mailto:buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:11 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible on BAT

The car in general is a POS, reflecting the pinnacle of 70s GM engineering or
construction or materials or whatever.  It is huge, jiggles like a bowl of
jello, does not move with any alacrity, handles like the barge it is, the hood
stretches halfway across town...  3spd
TH400 and a detuned 500ci engine (torquey but that's about it),  I could go own
and own.

But I tell you what, with the top down, some good tunes in the tape deck (or CD
player), on a nice summer evening, yo lady on your right, your dogs in the
backseat, laid back and cruising around town with the warm breeze and spacious
view, there is nothing finer.  And that's what it is about.

Plus the bros of all ages think I'm fly!

--FT

On 9/28/16 12:45 PM, Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes wrote:
> That's a Smogbuster engine.
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow - 235 HP from 8.2 L - 501 CID
>>
>> RB
>>
>> On 28/09/2016 11:28 AM, Donald Snook via Mercedes wrote:
>>
>>> Boss Hogg's was a triple white 1970 Deville Convertible  (my
>>> favorite of that era) in the TV show.  It was changed for the movie
>>> to a 76 Eldo Convertible.
>>>
>>> Don Snook

--FT