My personal belief regarding forgiveness is the individual must recognize
their wrong and sincerely ASK to be forgiven. Until that happens, I have no
duty to forgive.

Until that individual asks to be forgiven, the only duty I have is to
remind them of their transgression in such a way that they will not forget.

It's my understanding the Big Guy runs by those same rules.. so "good
enough for me then".