Logic attack:

Large storms cause damage to public infrastructures.. and flooding...
Floods very often cause sewers to backup as the water table rises above the
sewer lines and the result is.. YOUR TOILET BACKS UP...

Question: You live in a typical suburban home with 3 toilets.. all are
backed up and due to flooding.. will NOT flush... What good does the closet
full of toilet paper do you?