Interesting story. There is a guy up the road, originally S African now American, and African-American (but a lighter shade). His father was the BP rep in SA for a long time in the 50s and 60s. Whenever there was a race in SA he would put up the drivers at their place, feed them, etc. so this guy got to know ALL the racers back then, the Real Men. He got involved in racing himself but soon gave it up when he ran out of money and talent to compete.

He came to the US at some point and worked his a** off and got pretty wealthy. He owns a company called ProPac (I think that is it) that is in the disaster response business, they have warehouses all over (one here near the airport) and have all kinds of stuff stored, tents, tarps, cots, sleeping bags, water, whatever else it normally needed.

He has quite a car collection at his house, 25-30 cars, he has a couple he races. (He might be selling them off, his place is for sale) I got to visit his shop a coupla years ago, really nice guy. We were chatting about his business and such, he said that FEMA had canceled his contract and instead hired Walmart, Obama had told them too. He speculated on how (who) that might have happened. While Walmart has an excellent logistics network they know nothing about the disaster business. Anyway, he was lamenting that he needed some political mojo to work on this problem, he was hurting and was gonna have to sell some cars.

So I told him his neighbor right close by, a good friend, was good friends with Sen. Tim Scott, had known him a long time. He got all excited, I gave him the contact info, I guess he ended up talking to Scott, not sure where it ever went. In any case I am hoping he still has his business set up in the area here, will be needed.

--FT