My 1962 300SE got transported from California by open trailer.  There was
someone present when it was loaded (properly) and the air suspension properly
set to prevent damage.  It got swapped to another carrier somewhere in between
CA and FL.  When they loaded it a second time, they set the air suspension on
the highest setting, then proceeded to use load binders to pull the car down
onto the carrier with such force they blew out both rear air bags.  This is
what it looked like when it arrived:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixf7dw3jkkix8d0/MVC-006S.jpg?dl=0
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixf7dw3jkkix8d0/MVC-006S.jpg?dl=0>

I fought them tooth and nail for months over the claim, which I was never able
to get settled.

Dan