There was very little of the goodness this day.  I picked up a rental cordless
sawzall to liberate the driver side rear fender to be able to repair the hole
in Polei.  The yard I wanted to do the work in turned out to have scrapped the
car the day before and placed an orange volvo from the early 70’s instead.
That meant I had to go to the overpriced jungle monkey yard that had the 350
SDL.

This bad yard is run by a mega local steel (steal) industry.  They have dames
running the front end and they have no idea what they are selling.  There is a
corporate price list that is pretty steep and outlines just about anything that
might be pulled from a car.   Down to t-shirts, coats and minutia.  This is for
USED parts that are worn, not newer stuff I could get on FleaBay.  The pricing
is almost comparable to the Fleabay price.  Why would I want a bust ass used
part when I could pay retail?

The other drawback is that the denizens of the yard have very limited tool
usage ability.  I think most tools are large rocks, sticks and impacts.  I am
not joking.  Maybe they bring a crowbar, a BFH and a pocket full of gravel,
based on the massive damage done to the valve cover and most of the engine bay
on the poor car.  I found one window that still had unbroken glass, the lights
were smashed, ripped interior and destroyed dash.  And that is typical of most
of the cars in the lot!

I was able to fire up the saw, cut the metal with a modicum of ability so as to
liberate a section large enough to cut down to size… then the blade broke.  I
was sure I had spares in the tool box, but found I did not.  I did have a can
of penetrating lube that had let go into the box which left a puddle of slop on
my tools.  I had one inch to go to liberate the panel, and ended up doing it by
hand with a hack saw blade.  I will clean the panel up and put weld through
primer on it so it does not rust while awaiting installation.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei

retired models-
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers