See Archives - "124 Tumbler Close Call," 13 Oct '07.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Massmann via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: <rmassm...@embarqmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 6:57 PM
Subject: [MBZ] New Ignition Switch Issue 95 E300D

Well I have a problem with my ignition switch when I got home tonight. I had trouble turning the switch to the off position, I had to apply unusual pressure to get it to the off position. Yes the transmission lever was in the park position. I put the key back in and tried to turn it to the accessory position, but it wouldn’t turn at all. I tried my spare key with the same result, could not turn it out of the off position. Will need to see if I can the whole assembly out. Is there a way to get the tumbler set out besides turning it to release position to insert the release pin.

Not sure what I need to do next? I guess it is possible to wear the switch to a none work condition.

Bob Massmann
1995 E300D 448,000 miles