Thanks, Craig.

It’s a weird application.  It’s a capacitor that’s used to run the pulse pump
on my 1960s Italian Omre brand espresso machine.  These machines used either
rotary pumps or pulse pumps.  Mine has a pulse pump and I’m almost sure the way
this capacitor is wired into the pump that it’s what provides the “pulsing” for
the pump.

I can look at it more closely and give you the exact location of it relative to
the circuit in a little bit.

Dan