In a word ... "Trouble" ... it sticks and follows everywhere they go.

John "teflon" Gotti the mob boss truly believed he was "untouchable" ...
but he died in jail... There is a certain apex in criminals lifetimes where
the facts catch up with the lies and overwhelm the criminal....

That perfect storm has formed... it's just looking for the place to make
first contact.