Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 9:36 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Meade Dillon
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fw: New Ignition Switch Issue 95 E300D

Bob, explain this again?  How did you get up to the point that you could
use the abrasive cut-off wheel?  I think you said that you removed the
entire steering column?

I'm going to have a similar fight with the "95 124 Cabriolet, keys are
missing and the ignition tumbler / lock assembly looks like it has been
broken free of the steering column in a failed attempt to steal the car.  I
have the steering column from Wilton's '87 300D, plan is to install that
with a new tumbler matched to the VIN so one key opens doors and trunk as
well as operates the ignition.

Thanks,
Max

Max
Charleston SC

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 10:22 PM, Robert Massmann via Mercedes <