Thanks a bunch for the offer, Mitch, but I ordered a complete set for the whole
system just to have them.  I could have gone up to my local Advance Auto, as
they have all kinds of A O rings and probably have the correct size, but I
figure I’ll get a complete set just to have on hand and for future use.

I’m a bit puzzled over my inability to find the remains of the set I had from
the S500 compressor replacement.  It’s not like me to have tossed them out.
I’m sure I’ll find them as soon as the new ones arrive.

And Kaleb, this is the leak detector I got:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P90BKOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to work pretty well.  I tasked it with a “sniff” from the supply line at
the can to see how it reacted and to set the sensitivity, then cleared it out
and went at it.  I did notice that if you block off the end of the probe it
will go off, so if you’re poking around in an area you can’t see into you could
get a false positive.  I was definitely getting hits at and around the plate
where the two lines attach to the rear of the compressor, so I’m comfortable
that the leak is in this area.  I don’t think it’s the original compressor, but
if it is I can understand why the O rings would have failed in this area. I ran
it over all of the lines and fittings that I could reach and got nothing
anywhere else.

I’m going to replace the O rings on the compressor fittings, install a new
receiver dryer, then pull it down and check for leaks.  If it holds vacuum at
that point I’m calling it done and charging.

Dan