Hi all,

I finally got my 1.0kg fire extinguisher installed on the diesel. The
larger 1.3kg unit is no longer available, AFAIK. There is mucho
confusion regarding some of the part numbers for the mounting
buckets... I got most of it straightened out, but I still have a few
nagging doubts on a couple things. Anyway, I uploaded photos of
everything, with part numbers in the photos. Warning: If you buy a new
1.0kg unit (yes, they are available from Rusty or your local
stealership), it may arrive uncharged... you need to get it charged at
the airport, or fire department, or someplace that does that stuff.
Anyway, here's the photos:

http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_fire_ext/

The 1.0kg extinguisher is something like $100-$125 new (I got mine
used), the bracket, bucket, and assorted hardware adds up to about
another $50 or so. The early buckets with carpet for the older 1.3kg
units are a LOT more expensive. Lucky for me, the previous owner of my
E500 had purchased a used 1.3kg setup, which is also shown in the
aforementioned photos.

:-)

Best regards,

--