I figured that was the case.  I was a little disappointed when I drove it home
from Little Rock, as I expected to do better mileage-wise, but it was far
better than a W140.

I keep very detailed records on my cars, and this one has consistently averaged
around 21.5 mpg since I got it in February.  Considering the size, engine
displacement and weight, I’m not at all unhappy with the performance.

I’m not sure how much quieter or better this thing could run/sound.  Even when
I started it this morning it was amazingly smooth, despite being cold.  Nothing
in the way of typical diesel klatta-klatta.  Scary.

Dan