      From: Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Cc: Floyd Thursby <buggeredbenzm...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 2:57 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] I need portable power

Well then you have to deal with draining the battery if you then want to
use the tool, maybe.  Plus don't the LiOn battries get very picky about
how they discharge/charge, might blow up or catch fire or something?
Maybe a NiCad or NiMH would be better.  But yeah, that would work if you
want.

--FT

On 11/14/16 2:42 PM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
> why not just use the battery for your cordless drill/tools?
>
> (trying to type like the unix jox no caps no punctuation)
>
>> Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> November 14, 2016 at 9:20 AM
>> You can buy these cheepcheep little 12V lead acid rechargeable
>> batteries that are used for alarm system standby, I have seen them at
>> Lowes.  There are different sizes, I had one that was maybe 2"x3"x4",
>> I presume it would store enough electrons to move a winder a little
>> ways.  Or a motorcycle or garden tractor/mower battery, they are
>> fairly small and pretty juicy. Put an inverter on one and you can run
>> an electric tool if you need it.  Do those jump packs also have a
>> 110V outlet?
>>
>> --R
>>

>> Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
>> November 13, 2016 at 11:29 PM
>> I used the battery from my dewlt rattle-rench It is portable. for the
>> window winders, it worked well.
>>

>> clay via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
>> November 13, 2016 at 9:46 PM
>> My favored PnP listed a w126 as a recent addition to the lot. May was
>> well check it out, so I did today. Turned out there were two, a 300se
>> and a 500sel. The SE was a mommy car with candy wrappers and mold.
>> The SEL was gold on gold and the floor mats had not had the dealer
>> covers removed. The monkeys had yet to destroy either car and there
>> were a few good parts to be had.
>>
>> I wanted the seats as well as some other parts that required a source
>> of electrons to get them accessible. I was able to get the B pillar
>> cover out on driver side, but not the seat because I could not get
>> the front bolts. Passenger seat was in the way of the screw to get B
>> pillar cover and backward so I could not access the rear bolts. A
>> simple power tool battery might have been useful to hook up so that I
>> could move the seats. Maybe the tiny jump pack.
>>
>> The seats in Polei are good and firm, but the leather fronts are
>> ripped away from the base. I want some in better condition. Yard only
>> charges $40 per bucket seat.
>>

>> clay
>>
>> 2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
>> 1974 450sl - Frosch - Two tone green
>> 1986 SDL - Polei
>>
>> retired models-
>> 1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
>> 1972 220D - Gump - She was green, simple and ran
>> 1995 E300D - Gave her life to save me against a Dame in a SUV
>> POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”