This was not quite a "public" meeting as it was held at the offices of a private organization. No one else knew the recording was being made, and she actually did it more to supplement her notes and memory of the meeting. When the lying little b****** started lying about stuff, that is when she pulled it out. I was both surprised, and not too surprised, knowing her as I do. She and I spent a lot of time going through the recordings (there were 2 meetings 6 months apart, I set them up with him) and making transcripts to make sure we had it right. I made a video of some of his most stupid words to get that out. But none of that really matters as the law is what it is.

Interestingly there was a lawyer in the room too, who was unaware of the recording being made. The lying little b***** filed a grievance against her with the state bar assn for being party to the recording, which of course she had no knowledge of, so that was just BS harassment. She and my partner in all this put a stop to that nonsense pretty quickly, she is another one who is not to be trifled with. (I am surrounded by Nasty Women!). I'm actually going to have lunch with her today, so we can discuss the current status.

But yeah, a politician should at least speak from the same side of his mouth publicly and privately. In this case the boy is too stupid to know that, but he does know very clearly who nailed his lying a**, and Jesus hates me for this, but I feel pretty good about it.

--FT