I am looking for a M116 engine and trans. A 380SEL would be ideal. a 420SEL would be even better. (Gen II 126, more HP) I think I could make the M117 from a 500SEL or a 560SEL work. The reason I am looking for the long body is because I think I could take one of my spare OM603 engines and put in in an SEL to make a SDL so that I could scrap the rustbucket SDL. Sorta kill 2 birds with one SEL. I think I can get a SEL for !500 or so. Otherwise, I have to spend probably $1500 for an M116, and probably that much again for a better SDL or 300D.

I liked this ol boy, Frank talking to him on the phone. If you go see him, I think you might like him too. If he comes around on the SEL, ok, and if not I'll find another, hopefully closer to South MS/AL/LA. My guess is that i'll have to find another.

I am headed south Dec 20.

I think I will go N around March 1 to finish house projects and get it up for sale. If all goes well, Mar 15 until the house sells or about June 20, we'll be in the south again. #1 daughter getting married Jun 17.

Sometime around Jan 5 I need to see Manfred and pickup the BMW. FL MiniQ.... Maybe we can get Gerry or go visit him. I hope he's ok. His message about being "off" for a while concerns me.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 26, 2016 at 8:55 AM
Who is it, did you get a name?

--FT

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
November 25, 2016 at 10:33 PM
He is a good ol boy. Ran what we'd call a meat locker. Sold it. retired. Got started selling pigs for bbq. Now sells roasting pigs, bbQ pork, and rents the BBQ rigs for the pigs. He's probably 70 or so.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 25, 2016 at 6:50 PM
Well let me know, I don't think he is far away

--FT

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
November 25, 2016 at 1:58 PM
yes.  Maybe by Jan he will change his mind.

Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
November 25, 2016 at 12:13 PM
$3k for that?  It's a POS.

--FT