Took it easy today to give the body a rest and pay some attention to the W126,
who has been feeling neglected of late.

Spent some time installing the Mercedes factory W123 rear mud flaps, which were
the “mystery item” I mentioned the other day.  They arrived yesterday, so I
spent a little time this morning cleaning up the flaps and then installed them
this afternoon.

The brackets and everything are well thought out, but I’m not sure I like them.
 They’re a black material, some sort of rubber, with white fibers embedded in
it.  At first I thought there were a bunch of weird crud on them, but when I
looked closer I realized it was the exposed fibers I was seeing.

Anyway, they’re installed but I already covered the car for the night before I
realized I should take some pictures.  Maybe tomorrow.

Dan