Maybe do an oil analysis to see if there's any trace of coolant in the oil...

Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Jon Agne via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:   Ah yes.  I forgot to mention the symptoms.

1.  I started to notice that I’d need just a little coolant now and then.  A
pint or two now and then.

2.  Occasionally on cold start-up, I’d notice rapidly rising temperature with a
cold thermostat and radiator.  This is being caused by an occasional air
bubble.  Vigorous squeezing of the top radiator hose solved this problem.

3.  Occasionally on cold start-up, I’d notice that coolant was flowing out of
the radiator overflow hose.  Again with a cold thermostat and radiator.

4.  And yes, occasionally when checking coolant when  cold, I notice a slight
pffft when cracking the radiator cap.

I have found no trace of coolant in the engine oil.

Jon